What is the Perfume Project?

This blog is a constantly evolving forum for thoughts on perfume, perfume-making, plants (especially orchids and flora of the Pacific Northwest) and life in general. It started out chronicling the adventures of Olympic Orchids Perfumes, established in July 2010, and has expanded in other directions. A big part of the blog is thinking about the ongoing process of learning and experimentation that leads to new perfumes, the exploration of perfumery materials, the theory and practice of perfume making, the challenges of marketing perfumes and other fragrance products, and random observations on philosophy and society. Spam comments will be marked as such and deleted; any comments that go beyond the boundaries of civil discourse will also be deleted. I am grateful to all of you, the readers, who contribute to the blog by commenting and making this a truly interactive perfume project.

Thursday, July 3, 2014

FOURTH ANNIVERSARY!


This month is Olympic Orchids Perfumes’ fourth anniversary. On the one hand, it seems like just yesterday that I first opened my online store, but on the other hand it seems like it’s been so long that I can’t even remember how it was back then. It’s interesting to reflect on how far I’ve come over these four years, and how much I’ve learned in the process.

These past couple of days I’ve been busy getting out the fourth anniversary issue of the perfume newsletter as well as the eighth anniversary issue of the orchid nursery newsletter, and updating the orchid website. It’s no coincidence that both businesses have a July birthday, because that’s when I’m out of school and able to be proactive about doing fun things.

To celebrate the anniversary, I’m offering a 20% discount on all of the original fragrances that were issued back in 2010: Little Stars, Red Cattleya, Golden Cattleya, Javanica, Elektra (originally A Midsummer Day’s Dream), Olympic Rainforest, Kingston Ferry, Arizona, and Carolina. To get the discount, you just have to enter FOURYEARS at the checkout on either website (the Flagship Store or the Original Boutique).

I’ll probably have a couple of anniversary drawings on here, too, when the sample drawing is finished. In the meantime, we’re actually taking a real vacation, going on a road trip to southern Oregon, and will be gone through July 11. I have an ulterior motive of scoping out interesting plants to distill, but that’s a topic for another post, or several.

Being out of town means that nothing will get shipped out until mid-July, including the sample packs, but rest assured that the winners will get them in due time.

I have no idea whether I’ll be able to post anything or not, but I hope so. 

[Birthday cake image adapted from Wikimedia] 

No comments:

Post a Comment