What is the Perfume Project?

This blog is a constantly evolving forum for thoughts on perfume, perfume-making, plants (especially orchids and flora of the Pacific Northwest) and life in general. It started out chronicling the adventures of Olympic Orchids Perfumes, established in July 2010, and has expanded in other directions. A big part of the blog is thinking about the ongoing process of learning and experimentation that leads to new perfumes, the exploration of perfumery materials, the theory and practice of perfume making, the challenges of marketing perfumes and other fragrance products, and random observations on philosophy and society. Spam comments will be marked as such and deleted; any comments that go beyond the boundaries of civil discourse will also be deleted. I am grateful to all of you, the readers, who contribute to the blog by commenting and making this a truly interactive perfume project.

Friday, August 22, 2014

THE NEXT AUGUST DRAWING


The penultimate drawing of the old brown cardboard boxes is going to be a 30 ml bottle of Lil. The grand finale will be a special drawing to celebrate a quarter million pageviews of the blog, coming up soon.

You can enter by leaving a comment here or on Facebook. All you have to do is say which of the Devil Scents is your favorite or, if you haven’t tried any of them, which one you’d most like to sample.

The winner will be announced on Friday, 29 August. 

9 comments:

  1. Don't know if my message went through. If not, #2 Main Act. Linda Berlin- I would like to enter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would most like to try Dev #4, with Lil as a close second. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got a Dev#3 sample, and in my opinion, it's fantastic! I love the whole concept of this project and after try them all and find my favorite, I will definitely purchase a 30 ml bottle. I'd like to try Dev#1 this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have tried all of the Devil Scents, but my favorite by far is Dev Four: Reprise. It is a comforting scent, one which truly evokes a sense of having walked through fire and survived. Love it!
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried DEV #2 and DEV #3. Both are gorgeous and I believe the same about the rest of The Devil Scents. MaybeDEV #2 is a little bit more like me. On the other hand, I'm impressed with your and Sheila's collaboration in the project. So amazing olfactory face of Quantum Demonology.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dev One - no question. I haven't had the opportunity to try any of your intriguing scents yet (having only just found your blog) but the description for Dev One sounds just perfect to me. Temptation, seduction, spicy, smoky. Oh yes!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Farbod, Jodi, dgambas, and Cynthia Mc, you're all entered in the drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's inevitable that I would want to try The Inevitable. All the Devil scents sound luscious, but the thought of strange dreams calls to me.

    ReplyDelete